Jude is almost four months old and he is growing up so fast. Every day he becomes more and more interactive with the world around him. He’s such a jolly little guy except when he decides (often without warning) that he is absolutely starving and if there isn’t food in his mouth immediately he’s not sure he’s going to make it! He can be extreme that way. At any rate, before he changes too much, I want to document some of my favorite things that he currently does. Here are my top five…
1. His post-slumber smiles. After every sleep session (nap or the real deal) Jude opens his eyes and, upon realizing that I’m standing above him, lights up. His eyes get all squinty and he offers up his super adorable, gummy smile. I feel like the luckiest person alive. The kid sure knows how to melt my heart.
2. His babbling sessions. This little guy is freakin’ brilliant! He already has so much to say. We have very in-depth conversations about his dreams and aspirations…and the decor in his nursery, of course. He’s quite opinionated and always speaks his mind. That said, sometimes it can be challenging to understand him because his hands (or whatever he’s got in his hands) are always in his mouth. Those little baby fingers must taste delicious.
3. His shy-guy act. When I hold Jude (belly to belly) and someone else (or that pesky baby in the mirror) interacts with him, he gives a big smile before turning his head and burrowing his face into my chest. It’s a shy-guy act he repeats over and over again, giggling louder and louder each time. It’s pretty much the best.
4. His I’m eating and I’m so very satisfied noises. When Jude eats he makes the most adorable little noises. It’s like he couldn’t be any more content. It makes my heart sing.
5. His poop face. Yup. I said “poop face.” I never thought I would say it, but my baby makes the cutest face when he’s pooping. It’s like he’s surprised and delighted by his action in the back section. Haha. He’s gonna kill me for writing that one!